Re: wm(4) issue/question

On Mar 2, 2010, at 03:13, SAITOH Masanobu wrote:
Hello, Chris.

 I have an i386 router with a fiber Intel GigE card ("Intel i82543GC
 1000BASE-X Ethernet, rev. 2").  This is connected to a SX GBIC on a
switch, and I'm running numerous 802.1q VLANs across it. This is all
 working fine.

I have a card which has the same chip.

 I am trying to replace the 10/100 switches (with Gigabit GBIC ports)
 with full gigabit switches.  I have a Dell 2724 with SX SFP's in it,
and I tried connecting the i386 with wm(4) to one of them last night,
 after trunking that new switch into the existing fabric.

 I was getting 80% or more packet loss between my desktop and the

  I also didn't expect it.  :-)

What NetBSD version are you running? Could you give me the full dmesg
and ifconfig wm0 of your system?

I am running a recent (late Jan, early Feb 2010) netbsd-5 image. dmesg and ifconfig output attached.

I'll try to reproduce the bug.

PR#40981 is a bug that device timeouts occur, but I suspect that it's a
different bug.

It may be related, but the circumstances certainly seem different. And I'm seeing significant network communication issues, beyond only the messages, so that I think makes it a different issue.

                        - Chris

        address: 00:03:47:0d:eb:86
        media: Ethernet autoselect (1000baseSX full-duplex,flowcontrol,rxpause)
        status: active
        inet6 fe80::203:47ff:fe0d:eb86%wm0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x2