Re: fsck seg fault failure on vmware -i386?

>> Before wasting more time on my gdb dump though we need someone with a
>> consistent system environment to confirm that what my gdb printed is
>> really what is there.
>
> Oh..guess that' me... Caveat - not 100% "consistent" since base
> OS was at cvs ~1/10 and new fsck_ffs is built against cvs ~1/26...
> I'm looking to see if I can pull my fail state virtual hd forward
> to mount on my rebuilt OS and hopefully be able to recreate the
> core dump on a consistent system...

OK, managed to bring the failed state HD to the repaired/consistent
system, dropped to single user to unmount /usr and created a new
core dump with debug fsck_ffs... same gdb output as before for me.

Question: Is there any way to unmount /usr in a networked multi-user
state?

-gene