Re: fsck seg fault failure on vmware -i386?

On Feb 6,  3:16pm, yancm%sdf.lonestar.org@localhost
(yancm%sdf.lonestar.org@localhost) wrote:
-- Subject: Re: fsck seg fault failure on vmware -i386?

| > On Feb 5,  1:27pm, yancm%sdf.lonestar.org@localhost
(yancm%sdf.lonestar.org@localhost)
| wrote:
| > -- Subject: Re: fsck seg fault failure on vmware -i386?

| > | >Oh, it is dying inside asctime! Can you build a debugging libc, |
| >(MKDEBUG=yes)and then link fsck with -lc_g?
| > |
| > | I'd be glad to, but I only have build experience with build.sh |
| > | I made a debug version of fsck_ffs by adding -g to cflags in
| > | the Makefile in src/bin/fsck_ffs directory...and copying out of |
| /usr/object/bin...
| > cd  /usr/src/sbin/fsck_ffs
| > cp /usr/src/lib/libc/time/localtime.c
| > # patch the Makefile
| > -       ffs_tables.c ffs_appleufs.c partutil.c snapshot.c
| > +       ffs_tables.c ffs_appleufs.c partutil.c snapshot.c localtime.c
| >
| > +CPPFLAGS+=-I${NETBSDSRCDIR}/lib/libc/include
| > +CPPFLAGS+=-I${NETBSDSRCDIR}/lib/libc/time
| >  FSCK=  ${NETBSDSRCDIR}/sbin/fsck
| >  DUMP=  ${NETBSDSRCDIR}/sbin/dump
| >  CPPFLAGS+=-I${FSCK} -I${DUMP}
|
| Hmmm. Now it doesn't crash. 8-}
|
| I took this exe back to the failed state snapshot and verified it.
|
| /rescue/fsck_ffs crashed.
|
| With localtime compiled in directly, fsck_ffs does not crash?
|
| Please explain??? Guessing you suspected this was the case?

No, I just wanted to get a proper stacktrace. This is annoying.
Can you put the binary that crashes and a core file somewhere for ftp?

christos