Re: Installation of NetBSD 5.0_STABLE fails when SMP is active

Martti Kuparinen wrote:

some time (at least when I/O is involved) the system freezes, I can't enter the kernel debugger (with USB keyboard) and the only solution is hard power off.

I installed FreeBSD/amd64 8.0 and it works without any problems so there's nothing wrong with the hardware.

Maybe I just have to use FreeBSD (with pkgsrc) on these servers... However, I'm willing to test what ever you guys suggest until end of January.

Martti