Re: Installation of NetBSD 5.0_STABLE fails when SMP is active

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 12:46:16PM -0600, Prudhvi Surapaneni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a similar problem on Dell Inspiron 531s on (
> 5.0-RELEASE,5_STABLE,and 5_CURRENT )
>
> It boots fine when i disable ehci at userconf.

I have the same system, I worked around the problem with the following
GENERIC.local config:

# remove some PS/2 devices which cause interrupt storms with USB (int19)
no pckbc*       at acpi?                # PC keyboard controller
no pckbc0       at isa?                 # pc keyboard controller
no pckbd*       at pckbc?               # PC keyboard
no pms*         at pckbc?               # PS/2 mouse for wsmouse
no wskbd*       at pckbd?
no wsmouse*     at pms?

See also PR #39951.

        Geert