Installation of NetBSD 5.0_STABLE fails when SMP is active

Hi,

I got two new Dell PowerEdge 2970s (both with two quad-core Opteron CPUs and 32 GB RAM) and I was trying to install NetBSD/amd64 5.0_STABLE (built from sources updated yesterday) but installation fails.

First I tried to disable only ACPI but the system hangs before sysinst starts. Next I tried to disable both ACPI and SMP and it works correctly. Finally I disabled only SMP and it works too.

So, for some reason SMP does not work on this host. How should I start to debug this?

Martti