Re: git copies of cvs modules available

On 2009-12-24 11:37 -0500 (Thu), matthew sporleder wrote:

> I found that git over http actually uses a lot -fewer- cpu resources
> than git over git://....

I'm thinking that this is on the server, right? Because the git protocol
makes the server do a bunch of work to repack things into an efficient
form for transfer, if I recall correctly.

> ...which I think it more like a direct socket
> without much protocol (similar to git over ssh://).

My impression is that git over ssh is much more similar to git: protocol
than is git over HTTP.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson         <cjs%cynic.net@localhost>         +81 90 7737 2974