Re: path to use for "pkg_add -v"

Ok, just slightly off-topic:

While installing from pkgsrc on a 80 GB SATA drive, according to the
system, I've run out of disc space. This can't be true, because my
partitioning is 76 GB for /, and the remaining space for swap.

Also, when installing NetBSD I got the message it couldn't find the BIOS-
geometry and had to give the geometry by hand. When booting, I have to
specify what the harddisk is (wd0a), after which it boots just fine.

So the question is: how well does NetBSD actually support SATA? I can't
find anything about this in the documentation?