Re: GENERIC kernel "modules" implementation info?

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 12:26:41PM -0600, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
> There was some talk about the actual installed kernel being a directory; what
> ever happened with that?

FreeBSD does that.  It makes booting FreeBSD with alternate loaders (for
example, as a Xen virtual without HVM) extremely painful.

Thor Lancelot Simon
  "All of my opinions are consistent, but I cannot present them all
   at once."    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau, On The Social Contract