Re: sysinst split project - The Configuration File

On 12/14/09 19:51, Greg A. Woods wrote:
[---]
>> Anyway, I would have liked to see a "parameterized sysinst + native
>> packaging tool + system packages + automated netboot" installation system
>> for NetBSD.  It would have gone a long way towards acceptance of NetBSD
>> outside the "hardcore" user community.
>
> Indeed -- we definitely agree on that topic!

   I've seen a few sysinst discussions in the past, but I haven't seen
anyone bring http://www.bsdinstaller.org/ up. (I'm not saying it's a
viable route for NetBSD, but I'm wondering if the people working on
sysinst have taken a look at it).

   To sum up the things which appeal to me:
   - Scriptable (in lua, as a matter of fact)
   - Separated frontend and backend
   - It's been around for a few years, and appears to be stable enough
to be adopted by other projects.

   As for problems, I assume it may be too "bloated" for some platforms.

--
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson