Re: git copies of cvs modules available

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%panix.com@localhost>
wrote:
> If the network protocol used to access the version control software
> can cause an order-of-magnitude difference in the memory resources used
> to check out from the repository, there's something deeply wrong with
> either the design or implementation of the version control software in
> question.

did you check how both protocol were working ? I'm not sure also to
understand what you mean by "order-of-magnitude difference", which can
be worth or better, good or bad, depending on your point of view.

AFAIU, git:// is mostly a direct pipe between git-fetch-pack (client
side) and git-upload-pack. Both exchange their idea of the tree
(latest commit of each head), and git-upload-pack send all the missing
objects. Whereas http:// the client need to list object of all remote
pack, list the object of all the local pack, and get all what is
missing.

I'll try to get back to you with some number to have a better starting point.

 - Arnaud