Re: git copies of cvs modules available

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 06:10:08PM +0100, Rhialto wrote:

> Summary of differing files:
> It seems that the timestamps on the cvs versions are the time of the
> checkin, or close enough, while the git timestamps are those of the
> checkout (i.e. very recent).

That is going to cause grief.
Various things rely on the timestamp (think of some generated files
where the makefile contains a rule that cannot run).

> In most cases that I've checked, the incorrect file seems to be the
> next-to-most-recent version instead of the most recend version.

Sounds like you are suffering (somewhere) from the fact that cvs expands
idents on checkout, not checkin?

>     file seems to be from wrong branch

Some CVS commands give you the latest committed version, when you
might expect that they'd give you the latest verson from the main trunk.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost