Re: git copies of cvs modules available

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 04:42:39PM -0400, Marko Schütz wrote:
> Wouldn't it be nice if we'd convert lots (most) PRs to automated tests
> which would then automatically be run against each and every
> commit...?

Who is going to do the work? There are a number of regression tests in
src/tests, they can even be run automatically. There is work on a fully
automated test setup as well. It still needs to be prepared though.

> I have used Aegis (http://aegis.sourceforge.net/) which explicitly
> supports this approach and found it very helpful.

The problem is that the approach doesn't scale. You can't run all
test cases for every single commit. It is simply not feasible. It is
also questionable how much problems are actually detected that way.

So you have good test cases, we like to include them. They just don't
grow on trees.

Joerg