Re: git copies of cvs modules available

At Mon, 19 Oct 2009 01:06:49 +0200, Adam Hamsik <haaaad%gmail.com@localhost>
wrote:
Subject: Re: git copies of cvs modules available

> On Oct,Monday 19 2009, at 12:14 AM, Arnaud Lacombe wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 3:38 AM, S.P.Zeidler <spz%netbsd.org@localhost>
> > wrote:
> >> Dear all,
> >>
> >> htdocs, othersrc, pkgsrc, src and xsrc are now available as
> >> (bare) git repository copies at
> >> http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/repositories/git.
> >> These repositories are currently updated every 30 minutes.
> >>
> > *Wonderfull* ! Thanks a lot !

Indeed!  Amazing!  This will be so incredibly useful!

I was hoping somehow someone would set this up!

> Conversion was done by fromcvs tool. IT can do one time conversion and
> incremental updates, too.

Good to know.

> For now this tree should be stable, but it was done for testing to
> found out if there can be some usage for git trees inside of NetBSD
> users group.

Git access to the "official" NetBSD source repository will be invaluable
to everyone who needs to tract NetBSD changes while also keeping track
of their own changes.  For those of us who submit patches back to NetBSD
it will be infinitely more usable than CVS alone.

--
                                                Greg A. Woods
                                                Planix, Inc.

<woods%planix.com@localhost>       +1 416 218 0099        http://www.planix.com/