Re: rcorder: Circular dependency on provision `named' in file `/etc/rc.d/ntpdate'.

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 09:34:19AM +0200, Alan Barrett wrote:

> > OK, the error is gone when I remove bind9.
>
> Oh, you have an extra rc.d/named9 file from pkgsrc.
> You could try replacing the REQUIRE and BEFORE lines in that
> script with the lines from the standard rc.d/named script:
>
> # REQUIRE: NETWORKING mountcritremote syslogd
> # BEFORE:  DAEMON

Yeah, I figured the logic for the pkgsrc version was wrong. Between
the in-tree bind and the in-tree ldap, I never seem to be able
to avoid installing their counterparts from pkgsrc ... and not run
into problems.

>   [errors building named 9 in pkgsrc]
> > checking lwres/netdb.h usability... no
> > checking lwres/netdb.h presence... no
> > checking for lwres/netdb.h... no
> > configure: error: required header not found
> > *** Error code 1
>
> That's a separate problem.  Perhaps you should report it via send-pr.

That's just me hoping to avoid installing bind from pkgsrc. Unfortunately
we seem to be missing components the pkgsrc version contains. Much like
ldap, where it mixes in-tree and the pkgsrc version when you select sasl.
That resulted in php segfaults even when not using ldap, which was fun
to track.

I'm not sure who to send-pr to. Both bind and ldap are in-tree and both
are missing functionality generally required by other packages. Nothing
is really broken. Is there a way to exclude both of these from base
manually? That would solve all my 'current' problems ;)

In the meantime I'll look and see if I can figure it out. Thanks for
your help.

Sarton