Re: rcorder: Circular dependency on provision `named' in file `/etc/rc.d/ntpdate'.

On 25/09/2009 4:15 PM, Alan Barrett wrote:
On Fri, 25 Sep 2009, Sarton O'Brien wrote:
rcorder: Circular dependency on provision `named' in file
`/etc/rc.d/ntpdate'.

I am unable to replicate that with a clean /etc/rc.d.
I updated approximately an hour ago and the message is still there.

Please find out what files are involved in the circular dependency.
I can't guess what you have that's different from a clean install,
and I am certain that a clean install does not exhibit the problem.
(I just unpacked etc.tgz in a temporary directory and ran "rcorder
${TMP}/etc/rc.d/*>/dev/null" with no error messages.)

OK, the error is gone when I remove bind9. Currently pkgsrc/multimedia/mediatomb has:

PREFER.bind=    pkgsrc  # we need the package for the lwres lib

and using buitin.mk yields:

checking lwres/netdb.h usability... no
checking lwres/netdb.h presence... no
checking for lwres/netdb.h... no
configure: error: required header not found
*** Error code 1

Updating to the latest bind within pkgsrc still produces that error.

So it's generated by a bind conflict, which at this point, seems unavoidable unless the logic is changed.

Sarton