Re: rcorder: Circular dependency on provision `named' in file `/etc/rc.d/ntpdate'.

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009, Sarton O'Brien wrote:

> OK, the error is gone when I remove bind9.

Oh, you have an extra rc.d/named9 file from pkgsrc.
You could try replacing the REQUIRE and BEFORE lines in that
script with the lines from the standard rc.d/named script:

# REQUIRE: NETWORKING mountcritremote syslogd
# BEFORE:  DAEMON

  [errors building named 9 in pkgsrc]
> checking lwres/netdb.h usability... no
> checking lwres/netdb.h presence... no
> checking for lwres/netdb.h... no
> configure: error: required header not found
> *** Error code 1

That's a separate problem.  Perhaps you should report it via send-pr.
--apb (Alan Barrett)