Re: -current vs raidframe?

On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 10:19:54AM +0200, Juergen Hannken-Illjes wrote:
|On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 09:48:13AM +1000, Malcolm Herbert wrote:
|> ... is there something I need to do to my RAID disks before attempting to
|> boot -current, or is there an option I need to flip in the kernel config
|> to get the previous behaviour?
|
|Looks like missing modules.
|Did you install -current kernel AND -current modules?
|Are your bootblocks up-to-date?

To be honest, this was a more of a test run to see whether I could get
support for the network device in this laptop before going the whole hog
and doing a complete install ...

I recall seeing some mention of running with multiple versions of kernel
and modules on the host as I think there are conflicts at the moment
in that the filenames for modules are the same and would clash ... are
there any notes on how to best support this sort of setup?

Alternatively, I'd be happy enough to capture the booting kernel
messages assuming the kernel can use a USB serial port as the console
port as this host has no inbuilt serial device ...

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch%mjch.net@localhost                                                left