Re: altqd port to other BSD

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 05:36:59PM -0400, Miles Nordin wrote:

>    tls> I'd be sad to see Blue or SFB dropped from our ALTQ.  They
>    tls> seem genuinely useful.
>
> useful for what?
>
> I spent a few minutes trying to figure out what they are, but most of
> the links about them seem to be broken now.

http://www.thefengs.com/wuchang/blue/41_2.PDF is the canonical reference,
I think.

If going to OpenBSD's merged PF/ALTQ would mean losing some of the more
interesting queue disciplines (SFB seems to work much better for the
traffic on parts of my company's network than anything else) that would
be a real shame.