Re: OSX virtualbox 3 beta still dumps core on NetBSD 5.0 release .iso

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 11:38:01AM +0100, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> > Well, I'm inclined to blame this on VirtualBox as NetBSD works
> > like a charm under VMware Fusion.
>
> This logic is flawed. Here I can list all the operating systems which
> work fine under VirtualBox.

No, it isn't. VirtualBox emulates a PC type computer. If the emulation
isn't good enough to run an operating system that works on a real
PC type computer it is still a bug in the emulation. With your logic
you could claim that modern Linux binaries are all broken because
they don't work on NetBSD's Linux emulation.

It might however be worthwhile to figure out how NetBSD can work
around the short comings of Virtual Box.

        Kind regards