Re: USB troubles with SB600/SB700 chipsets

    >> everyone with an AMD SB600 or SB700 chipset, please test
    >> attached patch!
    >>
    >> Attached patch is intended to avoid USB subsystem hang symptoms
    >> on all AMD SB600 revisions and AMD SB700 south bridge revision
    >> A12 and A13.
    >> [...]
    >> This should also address PR 40056 (I put the submitter of PR
    >> 40056 on CC).

I (PR 40056 submitter) tested your patch with my

  ATI Technologies SB700/SB800 USB EHCI Controller (rev. 0x00)

with my amd64 kernel. Patch itself applied flawlessly, but after the
new kernel amdehci didn't match in my case. Sprinkling some printf's
showed that (in amdehci_sb700_match)

  PCI_REVISION(pa->pa_id) == 0x02

for my mainboard (under amd64).

Extending the switch-case's of that function with this value (0x02)
made the kernel panicing during further usb processing (though amdehci
matches now I guess ;-)).

So, there's is something different in my case...

Any information I can provide / you need for further analysis?

Regards, Markus.