Re: apache - (34)Result too large or too small

Patrick Welche wrote:
On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 03:37:18PM +1100, Sarton O'Brien wrote:
 11719      1 httpd    CALL  semget(0,1,0x380)
 11719      1 httpd    RET   semget 262144/0x40000
 11719      1 httpd    CALL  ____semctl50(0x40000,0,8,0x7f7fffffd5b0)
11719 1 httpd RET ____semctl50 -1 errno 34 Result too large or too small

What does "sysctl kern.ipc" say? (You might want to randomly increase some
of those values ;-)

OK, fair enough :) ... not having a great deal of knowledge about the values, what might you suggest?

$ sysctl kern.ipc
kern.ipc.sysvmsg = 1
kern.ipc.sysvsem = 1
kern.ipc.sysvshm = 1
kern.ipc.shmmax = 8388608
kern.ipc.shmmni = 128
kern.ipc.shmseg = 128
kern.ipc.shmmaxpgs = 2048
kern.ipc.shm_use_phys = 0
kern.ipc.msgmni = 40
kern.ipc.msgseg = 2048
kern.ipc.semmni = 10
kern.ipc.semmns = 60
kern.ipc.semmnu = 30

Thanks for your input btw :) ... I'll be researching this in the meantime but I seem to remember tackling a similar situation before only to find the default values were fine after all. I don't expect NetBSD to increase limits ... but I find it odd that they might be reduced. Everything I have installed is practically stock standard. slapd has so-far been the only program I've encountered that requires modification to start on amd64. It's entireley possible apache is now one as well I suppose.

In saying that, slapd is currently not starting either, I guess another ktrace is in order.

Sarton