azalia output "not stable" ?

Hi

The output pin on my soundcard has been acting up on me for the last
couple of months. There are a several audio outputs from the
motherboard, left, right, center bass, whatever, line out. If I start
my computer with the amplifier connected to line out, the sound will be
very weak on the left channel, broken up by some static noise. If I
reconnect the stereo plug, it will suddenly sound OK. Then, if I stop
the sound player and start it again, it will be back to the previous
state with almost no sound on the left channel. The sound chip seems to
be able to configure "line out" on the other output connectors too, but
the behaviour in the end is the same.

I have fiddled a lot with the mixer settings, but so far I have only
found the disconnect-reconnect stereo plug to be the only way to fix
audio.

===> lars@laphroaig:~ %dmesg | egrep 'azalia|^audio0'
azalia0 at pci0 dev 27 function 0: Generic High Definition Audio
Controller azalia0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 22
azalia0: host: 0x8086/0x284b (rev. 2), HDA rev. 1.0
azalia0: codec[2]: Realtek ALC888 (rev. 0.1), HDA rev. 1.0
audio0 at azalia0: full duplex, independent

I am running NetBSD 5.0_BETA/amd64.

Anyone recognizes the behaviour?

Best regards,
        Lars Nordlund