Re: HEADS UP: panic behaviour changed

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 5:39 AM, Adam Hoka <adam.hoka%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> Or just write a script which extracts this information (at least
> semi-)automatically,
> so we can just ask the user to use it.

from my experience, working with core dump only is a real pain.
Generating them is also not reliable for some kind of panic where the
debugger fault or when the disk has already been stopped when ddb try
to dump. I don't know why, but even the small dump take ages on my
SATA disk.

Nonetheless, I agree with the fact that release kernel must reboot on
panic without user intervention, -current is *development* branch. If
people don't know or don't want to use the debugger, they should
either learn about it or use stable branch.

 - Arnaud