Re: ath and eeepc - are patches still needed?

On Sat, Dec 06, 2008 at 11:14:19PM -0500, Arnaud Lacombe wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 7:49 PM, Quentin Garnier <cube%cubidou.net@localhost>
> wrote:
> > Not if you can get the code to hit -current quickly.  What's left to be
> > done?
> >
> Soon I guess. I need to fix config(9) to get it do what I want.

Why would you need any change in config(9)?

> I'm not sure importing the HAL in 5.0 is really wise. If we want both
> the opensourced and closed-source in parallel, it will be a nightmare
> to setup, and support on the long term. If we go only with the
> opensourced HAL, it will have to be tested on each arch and we will
> have to ensure that there is no regression.

There's certainly no question of having them both in -5.  The new
code will get tested in -current and if time permits it will kick the
horrendous blob out of -5, but I'm certainly not giving any chance to
the blob of surviving free code in a release branch.

For some reason you seem to be unwilling to say anything about what
you're doing with that code;  I'm not so sure I understand that
position, because it would certianly speed up the process if people
could start eyeballing the planned import and test on a wide range of
hardware.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube%cubidou.net@localhost - cube%NetBSD.org@localhost