Re: outside evil vs. the user (was: Please read if you use x86 -current)

On 13-Nov-2008, at 2:59 PM, Antti Kantee wrote:

By "the user *trying* to exploit" I meant the user consciously trying
to break the system, not accidentally.

From a threat model and risk assessment perspective I think that difference is moot.

Some human user(s) _will_ try to break their own system to see if it can be done, then other users will accidentally make use of any discovered exploits.

--
                                        Greg A. Woods; Planix, Inc.
                                        <woods%planix.ca@localhost>