Re: Please read if you use x86 -current

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 12:12:22PM -0600, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2008, Havard Eidnes wrote:
> > As I said earlier, I'm not opposed to modifying to have
> > a "modules" keyword added, but that would typically only cover
> > the "cd src/sys/modules; make" part of the above.
> I think building the kernel should imply the modules too. A separate
> "modules" keyword is fine to to just build modules and not kernel, but
> then maybe a keyword to just build kernel and modules would/could be
> useful too.
> >  Should one have a separate "install-modules" keyword?

Why make it hard.
Right now we're copying the kernel to destdir by hand. Now change
to not only say, kernels built from BLABLA : <path> but, Your kernel and
modules from BLABLA now lie ready to use under : <paths>. Combined with
hubertf's suggestion to make the bootloader target a directory, would be
even cleaner. kernel=XXX ... kernel built resides in
$OBJ/sys/arch/xxx/compile/XXX/netbsd <-- which is a dir containing the
kernel and all modules. Still being naive. I don't see why building
modules should be a different step than building a kernel. Don't want
modules? Have your kernel config say so, none will be built...