Re: NetBSD bricked my wm0?

On Mon, 3 Nov 2008, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

* On 2008-11-01 at 06:40 GMT, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

* On 2008-11-01 at 00:40 GMT, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:

Are there tools to dump the EEPROM?

Pass.

If not, can you boot Linux and dump the EEPROM?

I'll have a look.

Some follow-up info.  ethtool on Linux allows you to dump the EEPROM,
but it only works against attached ethernet devices, so is useless
right now.

I also tried using setpci on Linux and NetBSD, but in both cases
attempting to write the original values back to vendor_id/device_id
did not work.

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. The Linux problems we mentioned
previously are only confirmed on ICH9 systems and shouldn't have affect
your system. There are other reported problems with the ESB2, but you
need to talk to Supermicro as the NVRAM is usually customized for the
various manufacturers.

Hope that helps.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd%twofifty.com@localhost