Re: Native xorg - problem with xcursor / mouse strange behavior

Jasper Wallace wrote:

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008, Pickman wrote:

Hi all,
 It seems that my last email sent from gmail account didn't pass. So
I'm sending it from other account.

[gtk2 build problems]

Moreover, after migrating to native xorg, I noticed strange mouse
behavior.
If I start fluxbox and move cursor over desktop, it sometimes
"teleport" to left corner of desktop. It happens, especially, when I
keep left mouse button touched and move the pointer...

I see sometimes as well with:

modular-xorg-server-1.4.2.0
xf86-video-intel-2.3.2
xf86-input-keyboard-1.3.1
xf86-input-mouse-1.3.0

it used to be much worse (to the extent that X was almost unusable), i think
that was with modular-xorg-server-1.3-something.

It seems to be worse if the machine is heavily loaded, or if you running a
fairly complicated x app (like firefox opening a bunch of tabs at the same
time).
This patch fixed this problem for me and others.
http://gnats.netbsd.org/39299

Cheers,
Marcin