Re: two CVS checkout differ though -D is same

On Sun, 02 Nov 2008, David Maxwell wrote:
> I've never spent the time to figure out exactly what cvs returns for
> -D checkouts, but when there are multiple commits in a day, which one
> you get isn't obvious beforehand.

-D specifies an instant in time.  The cvs operation should yield the
code as it was at that instant.

If you pass -D only a date, without a time of day, then the instant of
time that you get is midnight (00:00:00) on that date.  No matter how
many commits there were on that day, the result you get is from before
the first of those commits.

--apb (Alan Barrett)