NetBSD on Lenovo ThinkPad T400 - Intel 82567LM ethernet adapter

Hello,

This is my first post to this mailing list.  Kindly please direct me
to the appropriate list if this is not the one.

I received my ThinkPad T400 yesterday, and installed NetBSD/amd64
4.99.73.  Please find the output from dmesg and sysctl -A attached.
An immediate observation is that ethernet and wifi do not work.

Windows reports the ethernet adapter as Intel 82567LM.  A Linux driver
is apparently available from Intel:

<http://preview.tinyurl.com/3zaltk>

Based on my quick and limited research I suspect the FreeBSD driver
from Intel to support this adapter as well:

<http://preview.tinyurl.com/4vclu3>

Could someone with some experience possibly provide a hint as to how
much effort would likely be required in order to include support for
this adapter in NetBSD?

Thanks in advance,

Pouya D. Tafti