Re: panic! panic! panic! sigh.. panic!

Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 20:07:45 -0400
Greg Troxel <> wrote:

I have a T60, running

NetBSD 4.99.69 NetBSD 4.99.69 (GENERIC) #4: Fri Jul 11
09:38:21 EDT 2008

and it seems quite stable.

But I have no ahci - I have the hw in compat mode so it is piixide.  I
don't remember clearly if that's because it used to crash, or if it's
because NetBSD didn't used to support AHCI, but I think you should try
turning off AHCI in the bios.

I have ahci turned off, but that was because it didn't always see the
whole disk.

I have ahci turned on, and it works perfectly.