Re: panic! panic! panic! sigh.. panic!

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 08:07:45PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I have a T60, running
> NetBSD 4.99.69 NetBSD 4.99.69 (GENERIC) #4: Fri Jul 11
> 09:38:21 EDT 2008
>  i386
> and it seems quite stable.
> But I have no ahci - I have the hw in compat mode so it is piixide.  I
> don't remember clearly if that's because it used to crash, or if it's
> because NetBSD didn't used to support AHCI, but I think you should try
> turning off AHCI in the bios.

Okay, so I sat there at the console waiting for something bad to happen and
reading your mail (on another machine) I went back to X to kill the running
Just going back to X made the machine hang again, BTs at

I'll now try with SATA in compat mode (i.e. => piixide), "fix" the flags of my
kernel and then .. let's see.

Thanks so far.