Re: panic! panic! panic! sigh.. panic!

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 08:27:15PM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 20:07:45 -0400
> Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> > I have a T60, running
> >
> > NetBSD foo.ir.bbn.com 4.99.69 NetBSD 4.99.69 (GENERIC) #4: Fri Jul 11
> > 09:38:21 EDT 2008
> > gdt%foo.ir.bbn.com@localhost:/usr/obj/gdt-current/i386/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC
> > i386
> >
> > and it seems quite stable.
> >
> > But I have no ahci - I have the hw in compat mode so it is piixide.  I
> > don't remember clearly if that's because it used to crash, or if it's
> > because NetBSD didn't used to support AHCI, but I think you should try
> > turning off AHCI in the bios.
> >

> I have ahci turned off, but that was because it didn't always see the
> whole disk.
>
> I wonder about rbus -- the comments indicate that the code for 3GB
> machines has never been tested.  Try explicitly setting RBUS_MIN_START
> to 3GB, perhaps.  (I have a 3GB T61, but I run amd64.)

Hmm. Okay will do (probably after the next crash, for now trying with
piixide instead of ahci and better kernel makeoptions). But RBUS, isn't
that Cardbus? I'm not using any cardbus device, can it still interfere?
"set to 3GB" you say, you mean RBUS_MIN_START=0xc0000000 (that is,

Thanks so far..

-Martin