Re: NetBSD vs. Acer Aspire One (feat. dmesg)

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008, Robert Swindells wrote:

The locking issues have only appeared fairly recently, it would be
good to get something into the tree to avoid this kind of breakage
happening again.

Well, actually, the version of sdhc(4)/sdmmc(4) that uses a scsipi layer
works fairly well, with no locking issues that I'm aware of.  I didn't
do the initial port, I just cleaned up the code that was posted here
some months ago.  I've lost the Email addr of the person who posted it,
but it should be in the Email archives.

It did work well, it now panics when you insert a card.

Hmmm.  Interesting.

Well, if you want to help me debug this ld(4) version, I've just built
a new one with LOCKDEBUG enabled. It's a relatively -current amd64 GENERIC kernel with the addition of LOCKDEBUG and the sdhc/sdmmc drivers. You can grab it from

        ftp://ftp.whooppee.com/public/sdmmc/netbsd-test52.gz

I fully expect this kernel to panic as soon as you insert a card, so it would be a good idea to boot it single-user to avoid having to fsck after the reboot! What I need is the last few console messages before the panic, as well as the panic message itself, to figure out where I'm violating the locking protocol.

TIA.

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul%whooppee.com@localhost   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%juniper.net@localhost |