proposal 'pciide at cardbus' (Re: satalink at cardbus)

Hi! all,

From: KIYOHARA Takashi <>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 01:53:39 +0900 (JST)

> I wrote the satalink_cardbus and the pciide_cardbus layer.
> Current pciide depends to pci.  I added some members to struct pciide_softc.
> And member cardbus_chip_map added to struct pciide_product_desc.

I put newer patch.

First, current pciide(4)s (ex. satalink, viaide) is depends on pci.
However, we know SATA can be connected externally.  It means 'pciide at
cardbus' is in a word necessary.

We are timing in which it thinks about the structure of pciide now.

I think the following two methods.

  1. The variables for cardbus is added to pciide_softc.
  2. Split pciide_pci/pciide_cardbus.  pciide_pci_softc and
     pciide_cardbus_softc including pciide_softc are made.

I made the patch of the former. The latter might be better. However, I
think that it is very serious to do this correction.