Re: dhcpcd testing

On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 18:20 -0700, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
> How very odd. I see an IPV6 address but no IPV4. If I restart network by
> hand, I get an ip address. Any debug help would be much appreciated.

So, to clarify, dhcpcd fails to get an IPv4 address during boot but
works when restarted by hand after boot? Or is it losing the IPv4
address when it attempts to RENEW?

If the later, this has already been fixed. Short story - no man page for
select(2) or poll(2) indicate that it *may* return a timeout even when
there's a very small amount of time left to wait. This amount of time is
normally around 500 usecs or less and caused the code to get stuck in a
constant 4 second loop. If you feel this is the case, please try a
snapshot found here [1] to see if it now works for you :)

Otherwise we'll need some more info. dhcpcd has a vast array of
debugging options - my favourite is to run "dhcpcd -dd $interface" in a
terminal so I can see what it does constantly. Also, it puts more
information into syslog.

Thanks

Roy