Re: dhcpcd testing

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008, Roy Marples wrote:

On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 09:41 -0700, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
On the server I see the whole DHCP transaction (discover, offer,
request, ack) but the interface never comes up. Did you change anything
else when /etc/rc.d/network changed?

The interface has to be up, otherwise the server would not see those
transactions. Do you mean that the interface, routing, dns or something
else is incorrectly configured? If so, what?

Unfortunately, I was testing on a remote server. The interface appears
to be up but not responding. nmap shows nothing, and I'm compiling
wireshark to see if there's any more information I can get you before I
go check the machine later on today.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd%twofifty.com@localhost