Re: Situation of KDE4

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008, Cem Kayali wrote:

Well, at least someone could tell me he/she is currently using KDE4 without problem?

        There is an issue with qdbus and the way atexit() works in
        NetBSD-4.0 (I believe resolved in current). I have one
        NetBSD-4.0 laptop on which I play with kde4 - you need to make one
        hack to /usr/pkg/bin/startkde and logout does not work.

        In /usr/pkg/bin/startkde replace the block

if qdbus >/dev/null 2>/dev/null; then
: # ok else
    echo 'startkde: Could not start D-Bus. Check your installation.'  1>&2
    test -n "$ksplash_pid" && kill "$ksplash_pid" 2>/dev/null
    xmessage -geometry 500x100 "Could not start D-Bus. Check your installation."
    exit 1
fi

        with:

qdbus >/dev/null 2>/dev/null &