Re: sysinst core dumps

On 08/07/2008, Jeremy C. Reed <> wrote:
> > Also, the problem is that after the crash, the console prompt does not
>  > work correctly, and as the 'reset' command is not available, I cannot
>  > really do any debugging nor manual installation.

Same for i386 - I've got a bit late in the updates the last few weeks
due to office move, so I downloaded
and I am getting the core.
> No idea about your proble, but as alternative to reset try:
>   printf "\033c"
>  (printf is a shell builtin)

/dev/random says:
        I always lie. In fact, I'm lying to you right now!
Chavdar Ivanov   | Talbot Way, Small Heath Business Park
Delcam UK        | Birmingham B10 0HJ, United Kingdom
Customer Support | (+44)121-6831014