Re: btsco(4) on -current

Iain Hibbert wrote:
I can't see anything obvious missing in your explanation. I've upgraded to
a -current as of saturday kernel now and it seems to be working fine for
me still (i386/cardbus/uhci/ubt and a Jabra headset), though the audio
recorded seems a bit stuttery (but not if played back through the headset
which I'm hoping is a filter problem)

FYI, I tested on 4.0/i386 with ehci/ohci and I had the same issue. The headset is a Motorola H350:

  http://direct.motorola.com/ENS/HKernel/H350_Headset_detail.asp

if you use 'bthset -v' can you see that it is connected to the headset
control channel ok? does SIGUSR1 cause ringing and can you twiddle with
the volume settings ok?

Yes, that all works fine.

what is there uhci attached to? (if there is any ehci there, it won't
work as isochronous packets just get lost)

Since ubt is a full speed device, ehci hands it over to the uhci companion controller. For the heck of it I disabled ehci and it didn't make a difference.

I just found another place that bt_lock is needed, so update
sys/dev/bluetooth/btsco.c before you snoop, but sysutils/hcidump should
show packets in and out of the hardware driver, can you try to see if
anything happens there?

Sure, I can try that tomorrow -- I do remember some utility (btconfig maybe? it was a few weeks ago) reported no errors and that isoc packets were flowing in both directions.

Cheers,
Jared