Re: sk/skc/makphy breakage on current

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 09:13:56PM -0400, Gary Duzan wrote:
> In Message <200806171218.m5HCI1lx004729%wheel.duzan.org@localhost> ,
>    Gary Duzan <gary%duzan.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> =>In Message <20080617115344.GD25752%taryn.cubidou.net@localhost> ,
> =>   Quentin Garnier <cube%cubidou.net@localhost> wrote:
> =>
> =>=>On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 06:20:31AM -0400, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> =>=>> On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> =>=>>> Try the attached patch.  Beware, not even test-compiled :)
> =>=>>
> =>=>>> +       mutex_leave(&sc_if->sc_jpool_mtx);
> =>=>>
> =>=>> mutex_exit? :)
> =>=>
> =>=>Heh, yeah, that's probably better.  The idea was there.
> =>
> =>   Ok, I'll give the patch plus suggested changes a try when I get
> =>home this evening (US/Eastern, UTC-4).
>
>    I've applied the patch with a few tweaks to get it to compile,
> and things do seem more stable now. The final patch is included
> below.

Can you test for a while so we can be sure it makes your issues
disappear?  From your initial mail, the problem didn't appear
immediately.  I'd rather not commit something that merely hids a deeper
issue.

The issue that patch is supposed to fix will typically appear at high
packet rate, so a good combination of ping -f and ftp/sftp transfer will
probably trigger it more easily.

Thanks for the corrected patch.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube%cubidou.net@localhost - cube%NetBSD.org@localhost