Re: current kernels hang on i386 and amd64

On Wednesday 28 May 2008 22:10:51 you wrote:
> Has this bug been squashed?
>
> The last 4.99.63 i386 kernel I built two days ago still hangs the
> machine -- after a halt or reboot is issued -- at "Unmounting file
> systems..."

I get this too.

> It's an ancient Micron dual-PPro 180mhz with all of 256mbyte ram that
> I have used as a learning tool for CGD..

On my shiny new Core2 Quad in an Abit IP35 Pro motherboard with 4G RAM.
Works if I disable SMP at boot with the option
boot netbsd -1

Someone ought to add that to boot.cfg as the machine needs ACPI to get the
disks up :)

Boot without ACPI
Boot without SMP    - obvious missing option!
Boot without ACPI and SMP

Thanks

Roy