Re: current kernels hang on i386 and amd64

Kurt Schreiner wrote:

> > and thats it, no reaction anymore.
> >
> > Looks very similar on i386, but drops to dbb. bt shows sched_nextlwp()
> > somewhere... Couldn't get a dump as "reboot" hangs in syncing disks...
>
> That looks exactly like what I'm getting.

I applied the patch ad@ attached to kern/38707 and both machines are
running fine now....

The patch for kern/38707 didn't work for me.

I applied the patch, then started a 'build.sh -j8' and about 25 minutes later the machine just locked up solid. Only recourse was to use the reset button and reboot.

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul%whooppee.com@localhost   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%juniper.net@localhost |