Re: ftpd problems (probably kernel's fault)

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 9:14 AM, Julio M. Merino Vidal
<> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 6:41 PM, Andrew Doran <> wrote:
>  >  Ok, can you try with sys/socketvar.h 1.107? It should fix it.
>  With today's sources, I cannot even access the network.  I can ftp
>  localhost but still have the same problems as before.  However, I
>  can't access any remote machine; all the connections get stalled,
>  sometimes during DNS resolution, sometimes after.

Bleh.  The network does work; it turned out that connectivity at the
university broke at the exact same moment I was doing these tests (and
returned when I switched to the old kernel).

With your change, the message:

    ftp: Can't send abort message: No buffer space available

is gone, but connections to the local ftpd still get stalled.

Julio M. Merino Vidal <>