Re: ftpd problems (probably kernel's fault)

On Apr 28, 2008, at 18:41 , Andrew Doran wrote:

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 05:02:24PM +0200, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Andrew Doran <ad%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 04:32:32PM +0200, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

I'm running NetBSD-current/amd64 as of two days ago or so, with a
kernel from today, and ftpd does not seem to work.

I can log into the machine with the anonymous user and list files,
but whenever I try to get any of them, it gets stalled at the very
beginning of the transmission (it says 0 KBs and is unable to
calculate the ETA).  In some attempt, it transferred about 32 KBs
and then got stalled. When I cancel the transfer with ^C, ftp says:

   ftp: Can't send abort message: No buffer space available

Similarly, I've also got a stall when doing a ls of a long directory.

It does not matter if the transfers happen locally or over the network;
the problem is the same.

 I haven't seen this. Do you have any unusual options enabled?

I can send you my kernel config if you want, but it is basically a
GENERIC minus all hardware drivers not needed by the machine, DEBUG
enabled, and PUFFS enabled.  Nothing unusual, I think, except for
PUFFS (but it is completely unused at the moment).

Ok, can you try with sys/socketvar.h 1.107? It should fix it.

I'll try tomorrow and let you know.

Should this change also fix the panics? (I don't know how to reproduce them consistently; seemed pretty random.)

Thank you!