Re: NetBSD-current under Hyper-V

On 24/04/2008, Jared D. McNeill <> wrote:
> Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > In case anyone cares, I got recent NetBSD running OK under Microsoft
> > Hyper-V. I had to add legacy network adapter, which is just a Tulip;
> > unfortunately when I boot an ACPI-enabled kernel, it does not work -
> > the error message is seen at the end of the attached dmesg file -
> >
> > tlp0: filter setup and transmit timeout
> >
> > repeated ad inf. and no connection. If I boot -c and disable acpi, it
> > works fine - another dmesg attached. Finally, I've attached the
> > acpidump output as well.
> >
>  For the heck of it, can you try a -current GENERIC kernel with ACPI from
> today?

I did. The new dmesg is attached - there is a difference. Notably the
latest kernel reports much higher than real CPU frequency (it's not
true on 4.99.59 either - on it it reports ~2.8 Ghz, on 4.99.60 -
5.4Ghz (tasty!), in reality it is an Opteron F with 2.4 Ghz. The
message from the Tulip is the same, though.

GENERIC.NOACPI works just fine. I haven't had any time to see to the
XFree86 problem, but I might install later Xorg

We don't know what was the baseline of the ACPI implementation on
Hyper-V, so I guess this result is not too bad. We don't expect people
to start using NetBSD on this platform in droves, do we...

>  Cheers,
>  Jared

/dev/random says:
        People say I'm apathetic, but I don't care.
Chavdar Ivanov   | Talbot Way, Small Heath Business Park
Delcam UK        | Birmingham B10 0HJ, United Kingdom
Customer Support | (+44)121-6831014