Re: Possible fix for wpa_supplicant(8) WPA re-key lossage

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:21:07 +0000
"Steven M. Bellovin" <smb%cs.columbia.edu@localhost> wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 22:54:46 +0200
> Pierre Pronchery <khorben%defora.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> > Everytime I load a "heavy" web page (most Wikipedia entries are
> > enough), the link gets lost (and for other users of the network as
> > well). It then says it times out looking up 00:00:00:00:00 and
> > connects again after a minute or two.
> >
> > I am using NetBSD/amd64 from an hour ago, with a wpi card.
> >
> I lose connections -- "fatal firmware error" -- very frequently with a
> wpi on amd64 card under heavy traffic conditions.  I haven't tried WPA;
> I see the failures with WEP and cleartext connections.

I use a PCI ral(4) based card and works without any problem with WEP.
Yesterday I tried WPA PSK-TKIP again and after visiting some websites,
the connection to the AP was lost.

So I switched back to WEP again... the WPA issue has been there forever
(and probably will be there for long time :-)

--
Juan Romero Pardines - xtraeme at gmail|netbsd dot org
        The NetBSD Project

Make your own NetBSD/x86 Live CD
http://www.netbsd.org/~xtraeme/mklivecd/