Re: -current dmesg changes: aprintification adding spaces; findroot error

On Mon, 07 Apr 2008, Christoph Egger wrote:
> |> After updating my current from March 29 to April 6, I get the
> |> following changes in dmesg output:
> |> -attimer1: io 0x40-0x43
> |> +attimer1:  io 0x40-0x43
> |
> | Yes. This is from the last change in acpi_resource_print() :
> |
> | -       aprint_normal("%s:", dev->dv_xname);
> | +       aprint_normal_dev(dev, "");
>
> Is this change ok, or should I have used
>
> aprint_normal("%s:", device_xname(dev)); ?

I'd say that the two spaces after the ":" are not OK.  You should be
able to fix it by removing the leading space at the beginning of the
empty message is unusual, the usual way would be to wait until you have
more information, and then do

    aprint_normal_dev("io %#x-%#x", first_port, last_port);

--apb (Alan Barrett)