Re: RAIDframe trouble lately?

I wrote:

> Since I updated from i386-current 2007-11-21 to 2008-01-19 (and a
> number of different, later attempts), I'm seeing hard hangs upon
> attempts at heavy disk access.

Looking back at my tests, it seems it was not just limited to happening
when I accessed RAIDframe devices, but it was always triggered by
beating on the RAID 5 sets, not the RAID 1 ones.  Of course, I don't
have a huge base of observations, here... :)

I've now downgraded the machine to i386-current 2007-11-21, and tried
hard to kill it.  It's nice and stable again.  Thus, not a HW problem.

-tih
--
Self documenting code isn't. User application constraints don't. --Ed Prochak